One dies during road reserve eviction

One dies during road reserve eviction

One person died yesterday after being electrocuted during evictions from road reserves in Mukono municipality.

The deceased has been identified as Martin Kibirige, a resident of Kigombya village in Mukono District, and has been running a kiosk on the road reserve.

Mr Don Waswa the deceased's landlord said the law enforcement officers first warned the deceased to vacate quickly and after a few hours they returned and started demolishing the kiosk.

While demolishing, Kibirige rushed to rescue his children who were sleeping in the kiosk, but unfortunately he was electrocuted since the electric wires were already disorganised by those carrying out the demolition.